- A tutorial about risk and insurance.
Risks, Perils, And Hazards
Insurance; Insurable Risks; Underwriting And Adverse Selection
- A tutorial about the basics of insurance companies, underwriting and adverse selection, and what constitutes an insurable risk.
Legal Liability and Negligence
Law of Large Numbers
- Using the Law of Large Numbers to determine underwriting risk and insurance premiums.
- How property insurance pays for losses.
- What constitutes an insurable interest, and when must it exist?
Utmost Good Faith—Representations, Concealments, And Warranties
- Why honesty is the best policy in insurance.
Standard Insurance Policies
- The different types of deductibles and how they reduce insurance premiums.
- How coinsurance reduces health insurance premiums, and equalizes rates for property insurance.
Multiple Insurance Coverage: Pro Rata Liability, Contribution Of Equal Shares, And Primary And Excess Insurance
- What determines how much each insurance policy pays when multiple policies cover the same loss.
Credit-Based Insurance Scores
- How and why personal credit scores affect insurance rates.
The Legal Organization And Ownership Of Insurance Companies
Insurance Agents and Brokers
Insurance Marketing Systems
Rate Making: How Insurance Premiums Are Set
Types of Insurance
Personal Umbrella Liability Policy
Automobile Insurance — The Personal Auto Policy (PAP)
Auto Accident Victim Compensation
No-Fault Auto Insurance
The Determinants of Auto Insurance Costs
Auto Insurance for High-Risk Drivers
- An overview of the typical homeowners insurance policy, listing the major coverages and exclusions.
Types of Homeowners' Insurance Policies
- Summarizes the basic coverage of different types of homeowner’s insurance policies—including insurance for renters and owners of condominiums and cooperatives—and how they differ.
Common Homeowners Insurance Policy Endorsements
The Cost Of Homeowners Insurance And How To Lower It
- What factors influence the cost of homeowners insurance and how can you reduce premiums?
Real Estate Title Insurance
- An introduction to real estate title insurance and other alternatives, including tips on how to save money when buying title insurance.
Life Insurance Fundamentals
Determining Life Insurance Premiums for Term and Level-Premium Policies
Term Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance
Variable Life Insurance, Universal Life Insurance, And Variable-Universal Life Insurance
How to Buy Life Insurance
Fixed and Variable Annuities
Life Insurance Contracts
Life Insurance Contracts: Owner, Insured, and Beneficiary
Common Life Insurance Provisions
Life Insurance Dividends and Nonforfeiture Options
Life Insurance Policy Loans and Settlement Options
Other Life Insurance Options and Riders: Waiver-of-Premium, Guaranteed Insurability, Cost of Living Rider, Accelerated Death Benefits Rider, and the Double Indemnity Option
Major Medical Insurance; Hospital-Surgical Insurance Plans; Medicare Supplement Insurance (aka Medigap Insurance)
Long-Term Care Insurance
Surety and Fidelity Bonds
Catastrophe Insurance: Risk Transfer Using Contingent Surplus Notes, Catastrophe Bonds, and Exchange Traded Options
Credit and Debt
Wills, Estates, and Trusts